Cape Cod Village Life! Stroll To Board Walk & Beach - Sandwich, MA - Cape Cod MA - Upper Cape Vacation Rental
New!! Sandwich Village Historical 3BR, 4 BA Home
New To Market, A Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Barn Renovation
* LOW March/April rates
* Downtown Village Life-Shop, Dine, Spa, Museums, Farmers Market, Mini Golf
* 15 Minute stroll to Board Walk Beach
* Shawme Lake Views from Back Deck
* Stylish Interior Design
* Motouk Brand Luxury Linens and Towels
* Free Wi-Fi, Central AC, 2 Cable Televisions, Jøtul Gas Fireplace
* Weber Grill, Outdoor Shower, Fire Pit, Lawn Games, in spacious private yard
* Complimentary Bikes and Beach Gear
* Don't Sit in Cape Traffic! Easy On/Off Exit 2- 7 miles to Bridge
Top 5 Reasons to Vacation in Sandwich:
1. Sandwich is Cape Cod's oldest town. Bus tours visit daily to enjoy the rich history on display everywhere- Sandwich Glass Museum, Hoxie House Museum, Benjamin Nye Homestead, Working Grist Mill, Running Artesian name a few.
2. Sandwich is a real gem for families with small children. Weekly family events at the library, weekly outdoor concerts, tidal pools for ocean exploration, easy village to explore on foot with numerous restaurants, cafes, shops, and activities.
3. The unique Sandwich beach boardwalk draws visitors from everywhere. Tubing the lazy river, catching crabs off the side, jumping at high tide, kayaking through marsh tunnels, s'mores over a beach fire after dark, or simply beach combing- its more than a typical day at the beach
4. Canoeing and fishing on Shawme lake. Perfect for youngsters who enjoy the sport of fishing- it's almost a sure thing to pull in a pickerel, sunfish, or coveted trout with ease!
5. Heritage museum and Gardens & Adventure Park. There you will find 100 acres of pristine gardens sprinkled with museum exhibit halls including classic cars, sculptures, award winning outdoor nature playground. For adventurous types, take to the trees and navigate the forest canopy through challenging obstacles in the adventure park.
6. (5 was too hard) Sandwich is a perfect base location to explore all of the other Cape Cod towns. Perfect for day-tripping without getting stuck in traffic!
Excellent Dining options WITHIN WALKING to the carriage house:
* Enjoy live music and authentic oven fired pizza at The Brown Jug on their outdoor terrace.
* Can't miss the local favorite Cafe Chew for a delicious breakfast and lunch.
* Savor a fine dining experience in the re-purposed Catholic Church, now the Belfry Inn.
* Devour gourmet burgers at The Burger Bar.
* Make a quick stop for a breakfast sandwich on the way to the beach at the Uncommon Cafe.
* Enjoy classic entrees in the glass conservatory room at The Dan'l Webster Tavern.
* Relax over high tea at the Dunbar Tea Room.
* Grab a coffee and a scone at Beth's bakery.
Exterior and Lawn Features:
* Guests have private access to the entire 1800 square foot house
* Private access to .64 acre private lot abutting conservation land
* Large deck off the back sliding barn door offers a view of Shawme Lake
* Flat, peaceful, grassy yard for swinging on hammock or lawn games
* Outdoor shower under a canopy of trees
Design History and Property Details:
* Grattan Gill, the owner and architect was inspired by the design philosophy of Frank Lloyd Wright, whom he served as an apprentice from 1952 to 1958
* Carriage House was built in 1880 and stored horses, hay, and carriages
* Gill transformed this historical barn into a 1800 square foot, 3 bedroom home and created dramatic 3 story atrium to capture the natural light.
* The focal point of the home is the stunning self-supporting wooden staircase constructed in the middle of the house.
* The white balconies on the stories above are reminiscent of the Guggenheim Museum tiers in New York, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and opened in 1959.
General: Air Conditioning ...
Jotul Gas Fireplace
Iron & Board
Living Room ...
Kitchen: Coffee Maker
Dishes & Utensils
Pantry Items ...
Dining: Child's Highchair
seating for 8 people
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms,
2 Half Baths
First Floor Bathroom - toilet
Basement Level Bathroom - toilet
Private Master Bathroom - toilet , shower
Second Floor Bathroom - toilet , combination tub/shower
Outdoor Shower - outdoor shower , Perfect for post-beach rinse or moonlight bathing!
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
Queen Bedroom - 1 queen
Loft Bedroom - 3 twin/ single , Twin bed has pop-up trundle making double bed & Twin in loft
Master Suite - 1 king , 1 baby crib , 1 sleep sofa /futon , Couch in Sitting Area pulls out to double-perfect for kiddos
Bedrooms are each decorated in unique style offering a luxurious retreat and privacy. Spacious master suite has its own wall mounted TV, sitting area with pull-out couch (great option for small kiddos sleeping near but separated from parents) and a full private bathroom. For your convenience, we will supply a packnPlay fold-able crib upon request.
Satellite / Cable
Outside: Deck / Patio
Lawn / Garden